Cambodia’s real estate sector is attracting the attention of investors from around the region and the world. The property market has grown phenomenally in last 5 years, and major cities are demonstrating some of the highest urban expansion and population growth rates in the region.
Despite remaining an “emerging market”, Cambodia is demonstrating lower risk than this label usually suggests – demonstrating strong fundamentals for property investors and regionally high yields, which has already attracted a multitude of international development companies from around the world to launch projects:
Why Invest In Cambodian Property? The Fundamentals:
- US$ Investment Economy: Invest in the world’s most resilient currency as Cambodia has long been a dollarized economy and will continue to be.
- Virgin Investment Territory: Enormous growth potential and very positive appreciation trends in recent years.
- Strong, Sustained Growth in GDP: 5% average for the last 5 years, year on year. No. #21 worldwide in growth, and No. #1 in the region.
- Secure Assets: Freehold Foreign Ownership Laws that have been successfully supporting investor’s since 2010.
- Strategic Location: Sandwiched between two strong economies, Thailand and Vietnam; Midway between the world’s largest and fastest growing economies, China and India; and sitting between Australasia and Asia, with trade agreements connecting it to both.
- Political Stability: The country has had the same Prime Minister for more than a quarter of a century, the longest serving non-royal leader in South East Asia.
- Trade Integration & Regional Logistics Chain: Joined ASEAN for increased access to regional markets; LDC status gives tariff free access to highly developed markets in Europe and Americas; Cambodia is firmly part of China’s “One Belt, One Road” policy.
- Improved Logistics: Deep sea port, railways, roads and flight connections around the nation and Asia growing yearly.
- Retirees’ Mecca: Due to a unique, low-cost quality of life.
- A Cash Economy: Money flows inside and outside of Cambodia are simple and cost-effective for international investors.
Developments of all varieties are rising fast across the nation, giving buyers a wide range of options to choose from, with investment properties suited to all budgets and needs.